DESTROYING ALL MY HARD WORK
Okay, so now that I have discovered how to transform cheap, shit clay into quality, useful derpentine clay, I made Nemo. It went well, as you can see, and the clay was strong enough to make really tiny parts and since I wasn't making any replicas of him, I didn't need to cast a mold. The only problem that I had with Nemo was that I built him from the inside out, instead of making a ton of different parts and then sticking them all together, I built his body, then the next piece, then the next, etc. So, when I was done and all ready to sand, I sort of couldn't. Like, I couldn't get into all the cracks and stuff.
I should have built everything separately, baked it, sanded it, and THEN attached it to another part which was already baked and sanded. Then, sand the seam. That would have worked out a lot better.
SO that's what I did with my goldfish puddlesqueak. although I didn't really sand the parts ENOUGH. I wish I would have. So, that's the next plan for the next sculpt, fucking sand EVERYTHING. Well, after the goldfish was finished, I got together with
who is way more experienced than I am in mold casting. They kind of walked me through the entire process, and spent the ENTIRE day answering every stupid question I had. I really couldn't have gone through with this without them...
Well, I chopped the puddlesqueak apart. I cut off the wen and tail, then the mouth, then the legs. Finally, I chopped the body in half down the spine. Then, I made some tiiiinnnyy mold forms and cast the most frustrating, stupidest, useless fucking mold ever made, ever.